Welcome to St Peter's, Oakford
Our congregation is small and welcoming. We run traditional, common worship or family services throughout each month.
Our building dates from the 13th century (the earliest recorded rector is 1260), the church has a medieval tower with eight bells, the main building is lofty and light, being rebuilt in 1838 after a disastrous fire.
The stained-glass windows are noteworthy, the east window dates from 1875, the west designed by Keaton, Butler and Bayne, the Spurway window is by the American, Arild Rosencrantz, and the chancel window designed by Heywood Sumner. The Spurway memorial is dated 1692. The organ was built by J. R. Mortimore of Tiverton in 1841.
How to find us
View Oakford Parish Church in a larger map