Welcome to Holy Cross Church, Cruwys Morchard
Parts of the fabric of the nave and chancel date from the early 14th Century, and the tower was partly rebuilt after a fire in 1689. Restored in the early 19th century, when a vestry was added and some of the box pews were altered. It comprises nave, chancel, west tower, south aisle and porch.
The interior was refurbished after the 1689 fire, and an almost complete set of good 18th century fittings remain, untypical for Devon, includiing a Classical chancel screen, and pews named after the local farms whose tenants or owners contributed to their restoration. The churchyard contains a number of listed tombs and revolving lychgate.
How to find us